Before you leave home
As soon as we receive your enrolment details we send your own log-in details to our student services and online learning platform: ELC-Online. From there you will be able to access a range of pre-departure information to help you plan your trip. This includes advice on what to bring with you and information about Australian life and customs.
Find out more about ELC-Online.
When you arrive
We can arrange for you to be met at the airport and taken to your accommodation. If you are staying with a homestay family, they will show you how to get to the college. If you are in our residential accommodation a map and full directions will be waiting there for you.
Your first day at ELC
On your first day at the college you will be given a full orientation to the college programs, services and facilities. General English students will be given written and spoken placement tests to assist us in placing you in the most suitable class from our 6 different levels.
While you’re studying
ELC’s friendly staff are available whenever you need some help.
Our support service include:
- Guidance on everyday life in Australia such as transport, tourism and medical enquiries.
- Academic counselling including:
- Advice on your studies at ELC such as how to maximise your progress and the best choices of class for you
- Information about further study pathways in Australia
- Travel information and bookings from our student activities desk or through our licensed student and backpacker travel agency.
What will happen on my first day at the college?
|8:00 – 8:30 am :||Welcome to ELC|
|8:30 – 10:00 am :||English test and spoken interview|
|10:00 – 10:30 am :||Coffee Break|
|10:30 – 11:30 am :||Orientation talk & mingling activity|
|11:30 – 12:00 pm :||School tour & class information, introduction to ELC-Online|
|12:00 – 1:00 pm :||Lunch|
|1:00 pm onwards:||Introduction to new classmates and first ELC class|