For students who…
are interested in becoming teachers of English or who are already English teachers.
- improve your spoken and written English for TESOL
- improve your vocabulary and grammar for TESOL
- improve your speaking, reading, listening and writing skills
- learn useful classroom language for English teachers
- learn TESOL methodology
- develop your teaching techniques
- learn how to use a range of activities for language learning
- improve your classroom English through practice lessons
- observe experienced ESOL teachers
The course blends essential language and skills for English teachers with classes which will prepare you to teach English to adults and younger learners.
The course is assessed through teaching practice and written assignments. On successful completion of the course trainees receive an ELC certificate in English for TESOL.
Course topics include:
- Skills (reading, listening, writing)
- Classroom management
- Lesson preparation
- Teaching functional language
- Teaching pronunciation
- Learning styles and motivation
There is no final exam. Assessment is continuous and based on classroom participation, lesson preparation, practice teaching, written assignments and other homework tasks.
English for TESOL English Extra
A minimum level of Upper Intermediate (ELC Placement test) or a recent IELTS test score of 5.5. or TOEFL 525 is required for entry to this course.
We can also arrange TESOL study tour programs.
Contact email@example.com for details.
Why English for TESOL at ELC?
- Very experienced trainers
- A practical ‘hands-on’ approach
- Fully-accredited course
- Good balance of English improvement classes and TESOL methodology workshops
- Takes place in the dynamic environment of a real English school
|Start dates:||Set start dates; refer to our program dates page|
|Course length:||10 weeks (2 x 5-week modules)|
|Class size:||Average 12, Maximum 15|