For students who…
want to get an internationally recognised certificate in English from Cambridge University.
You will improve your…
- Examination skills
- Fluency and pronunciation
- Grammar and vocabulary
- Writing skills
- Listening & reading skills
Cambridge ESOL exams are the world’s leading range of certificates for learners of English. Each year they are taken by over 1.75 million people, in 135 countries and are recognised by universities and employers throughout the world.
ELC’s Cambridge Exam Preparation courses will enable you to make progress in your all-round English ability while developing skills and techniques for exam success.
ELC is an approved Cambridge ESOL Computer-Based Test centre so you will get take your final test at the school so you will be in familiar, comfortable surroundings. There are many advantages to the computer-based testing system and you will receive extensive training. The speaking test is still face-to-face and the examiners come to the school to test you.
This preparation course is a closed one which means all students start and finish their course at the same time as well as take the test on the same day. Because of this, our students have a high level of motivation and focus and this also means our students work together as a team. To help achieve this we also organise Cambridge-only social events to give you a chance to bond with your class as well as your teacher.
We have two types of Cambridge Exam Preparation courses.
Intensive Cambridge Exam Preparation
Our most popular course combines an exam preparation morning class with Cambridge-specific Special Focus Modules*, English Extras and activities. This course runs over 10-12 weeks and offers more thorough linguistic preparation.
*Cambridge Special Focus Modules include: Cambridge Writing Skills, Cambridge Grammar & vocabulary, and Cambridge Testbuster in the final 4 weeks designed to help students excel in their exam.
Accelerated Cambridge Exam Preparation
This course is only 6 weeks long and is ideal for students who have only a short time available to prepare for the exam. Studying in a smaller exam-focused group for 25 hours per week allows you to prepare at an accelerated rate.
Cambridge Exam Preparation
You may take:
- First Certificate in English (FCE)
FCE is an upper intermediate level examination. It indicates that your level of English is sufficient for practical use in clerical, secretarial and managerial jobs in many industries.You can communicate effectively in most social and travel and some work situations. You can use all basic grammatical structures and some more complex. Your range of vocabulary is sufficient to express yourself clearly.
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
CAE is an advanced level examination. It recognises the ability to communicate with confidence in English in most everyday situations, include work and academic contexts.You can communicate fluently in social, travel and work situations. You have a good operational command of English using an extensive range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures effectively.
- Personalised study plan and regular tutorials.
- Free exam practice through ELC-Online.
- Take-home practice tests every week.
- Regular progress tests every week.
- Additional support if needed.
- Cambridge in Sydney social activities program includes welcome drinks, Cambridge picnic and graduation party as well as the chance to join excursions every Wednesday afternoon.
- Free Cambridge Getaway: Join your teacher and classmates for a day in paradise on a day trip to beautiful Port Stephens including a dolphin or whale-watching boat trip.
Why Cambridge at ELC?
- Excellent examination results for ELC students
- Great nationality mix
- Very experienced Cambridge teachers – all of our teachers have completed our ELC Cambridge Teacher Development Program
- Balance of English for communication and examination skills
- ELC is an approved Cambridge ESOL computer-based testing centre
|Start dates:||Set start dates; refer to our program dates page|
|Intensive Cambridge Courses|
|Course length:||12 weeks (10 weeks Jan start date)|
|Class size:||Average 12, Maximum 14|
|Accelerated Cambridge Courses|
|Course length:||6 weeks|
|Class size:||Average 10, Maximum 12|
First Certificate in English (FCE): Module 3